Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thankful Thursday

The past week has been filled with an abundance of blessings. My cup runneth over.

Today the sun is shining, the wind is gently blowing and the temperature is going to be a dry 85 here in the Midwest. A perfect day for porch sitting! I am so thankful that we can have the windows open to bring in the fresh air, and be able to hear all the birds. Our miniature schnauzer, Levi, is sitting at the front door enjoying the smells and sounds of a late May morning. We are blessed.

I am thankful that my trip to the dentist this morning eliminated any dental problem connected to my aching teeth. Going to the dentist is challenging when you react to all the chemicals they use, so I am glad it was a quick trip. I am also thankful that we see our Lyme doctor soon so we can try to figure out if this is now a Lyme problem. These beasts get everywhere.

I am thankful that my brother-in-law's open heart bypass surgery ( one week ago) went very very well. He has been home since Monday and walked to the end of the block and back yesterday! Praise God!!!

I am thankful for being able to go flower shopping with my husband and spend some quality time together. I am thankful for his willingness to plant those flowers for his wife!

I am thankful for telephones and email that connect us to the ones we love. Conversations with friends and family.....and conversations with God!

I am thankful for a the gift of life itself. It is precious and to be savored...one day presented to us at a time!

It has been a good week with much to be thankful for. May your week be filled with an abundance of blessings, and much to be thankful for.

10 comments:

Sherri said...

Thank you for reminding me to be Thankful today! I have never posted a Thankful Thursday post that I remember but I think I will do one today!

In Christ Alone,

Sherri

Daughter of the KING said...

Thank you for sharing your thanks-giving with us. Glad to hear your brother is doing well.

Blessings,
Linda J

Fliterary said...

Thankful and praising God for all your blessings, and very thankful for your friendship

You remain in my prayers. (((Renee)))

Sherri said...

I linked to your blog in my post!

Andrea said...

I have several urgent prayer requests at arise 2 write.
andrea

Renee said...

Thanks for coming by here Sherri and for your commments...and for putting my blog in your post!

Renee said...

Thanks for coming by here Sherri and for your commments...and for putting my blog in your post!

Renee said...

Hi Linda....Thanks for coming by !

Renee said...

Thanks Lisa..you are in mine too...

Renee said...

Hi Andrea
I stopped over at your blog and did pray for those listed today...God bless...