Thursday, June 27, 2013

Something More Has More

I wanted to share the rest of the story of our night at the healing service with Charis Bible College. We watched one man come to Christ, several receive the gift of a prayer language, people healed, and more.

My back was giving me trouble the day before we left, and on Friday, the day we traveled, I woke up in pain.  The trip up was uncomfortable, but I had told Joel we were going even if I had to lay on the floor of the van to get there.  During the service my lower back became more painful and slipped out of place.  The longer we stood in line at the time for prayer the worse it got, until I finally told Joel, we needed to pray for my back ASAP.

I sat on a chair like a woman prayer minister had shown me back in December, and Joel and I had   done ourselves once before.  Putting my legs out straight, we could see one was shorter than the other.  Joel quietly prayed and said, "Jesus, you are the best chiropractor there is, so would you adjust Missy's (he has always called me Missy) back now."  We watched my left leg lengthen, which I felt up in my hip and lower back.  When I stood up my back was back in place and the pain was less.  By the time I was prayed with by Daniel~which I described in my last post here ~my back was better yet, and falling under God's power did not make it worse.

We stood in line with a man around age 70 who was very quiet, and was supported by his son and DIL.  He went before us and soon after shared that his ears were healed.  He had taken out both hearing aids and put them in his pocket.  He was smiling as he shared that the vertigo that had made standing or walking difficult was also gone!  Another woman's back pian was gone.  We had noticed but were not near the young woman who was in a wheelchair who went up for prayer.  She was paralyzed from the waist down.  No, she did not get out of the chair and walk, but after the prayer ministers spent time praying with her she could feel tingling in her feet and wiggle her toes.  We did not know any of these people personally, but we believe God was healing them and more!

Sometimes we may doubt healing because we have been turned off watching those on TV who pray for healing while putting hands out for money.  Jesus is the ONLY Healer.   Charis Bible College and their Healing School train others and believe we ALL can pray for ourselves and others to be healed.  They follow the Biblical teaching and commands of Jesus in Matthew 10:8 to heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers and cast out demons.   They know that we have the same power that raised Jesus from the dead inside of us as believers, and by Jesus power and authority we can pray and command healing to be released.

After the service we left for home talking the whole way.  It was a powerful experience and blessed us greatly.  As I said before, God desires a deep intimate relationship with us.  He loves us so much and has so much He wants to share with us....including some delightful surprises in our autumn years!  What a journey we are on. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him
and he will make your paths straight.
Indeed do not rely on your own wisdom
Fear the Lord and stay away from evil
Then you will have health for your body
and healing for your bones and nerves."
Proverbs: 3:5-8

No comments: