Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What Next?

Yesterday I wrote a post about intercessory prayer and I am not liking some of the words that graced my post.  I rewrote it and rewrote it but I could not get it to a place where I was satisfied.  I was challenged to fully express what was swirling around in my mind and heart.  I have noticed that this struggle comes mostly when I am making myself vulnerable to my readers or when I am sharing something that could bring criticism or rejection.  The need for approval is what I felt and what came through for me in some of what I wrote.  Do I please man or God?  Only God.  Only God.

Sometimes God asks us to do things that make us look foolish in the eyes of the world or even those close.  God really desires that we seek only Him, being obedient to what He asks, where He leads, what we need to embrace or release.  Like drinking from a spring on Amish land in the middle of Indiana......or Holy Spirit hugs that bring laughter.......or sharing the deepest parts of me as I walk with Jesus.  Only God.

You know, I am closing in on 67 in a few months and still have so much to learn and experience.  Since my body reversed its course to an early death, I now look forward to many more adventures with God.  Even when I will need to step out of my comfort zone to embrace them.   Those adventures include the call to be all He has called me to be as He beckons me into a deeper relationship with Him.

We are all one of a kind.  Unique, special, created for His purpose.  No one is like you or me.  One of a kind.  God created us to be free to be who we are and Whose we are, pleasing only Him.  Whether that be just a little to the right of crazy ( I still love that definition of our lives) or not.  Sure, I want to be accepted and embraced for who I am, but more importantly I continue to be open and looking for that "something more " with my Savior that has me asking,  "What next?"   Only God!  Only God!

No comments: