Tuesday, March 31, 2015

He's Got It Covered!

"In quietness and trust shall be your strength"
Isaiah 30:15b

I wear a bracelet that has the same words as above engraved on it.  I put it on about 15 months ago and it is a constant reminder of my need to trust His plan for my life and remember that when I rest in Him I am strengthened. The title of my blog is yet another reminder.  I seem to need more than one! 

You see, I like to have the illusion that I am in control of my life.  It is an illusion, you know.  Life happens to us on a daily basis, with or without our consent.  No matter how hard we try, we are apt to run into a few storms while sailing along the water in our cozy craft. Not our plans, but living in a broken world makes for a few challenges at times.  Whatever we are facing, we can trust God to be in the midst of it all with us.  We can trust He will work out all things together for good, especially when we get out of the way and trust Him to steer our boat.  Reminds me of the song Carrie Underwood sang...."Jesus take the wheel"!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. 
 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. 
 Indeed, do not rely on your wisdom, fear God and stay away from evil. 
Then you will have health for your body and healing for your bones and nerves."
Proverbs 3:5-8
I confess, in some areas of my life trusting God takes effort.  I like answers to all my questions, and I like the plan laid out before me like a map well marked from one destination to the other.  Which brings up our move to Gold Canyon.  To be truthful I don't understand it all.  I don't understand how when visiting there we could feel like we had gone home when it is so far from our family.  I don't understand why God would send us, like Abraham and Sarah, into the desert to a new land.  The path does not look straight when I apply my own wisdom.  Nope.  Sure, it is a great place to visit.....especially in the deep winter of the Midwest.  But asking us to pack up and move there seems a bit radical.  Like Indiana Jones we are being asked to step out into what looks like thin air.  Remember that movie?  Each step he took revealed the invisible path across the ravine.   We believe each step we take forward  will make the path clearer. 

People have questioned our decision.  People have questioned whether we are truly hearing from God.  They have suggested we may a bit crazy believing God has said go and we are going.  Radical obedience on our part feels a bit...well, radical!  A bit west of weird....or just to the right of crazy.  I get that,  and I will tell you something else it feels, it feels kinda scary and sad.  It is sad to move so far away and leave so much behind.  But here is where we acknowledge God with ALL our heart.   Here is where we do not rely on our own wisdom as Proverbs states, but we rely on God's leading.  Here is where we trust Him.
A few days ago as we were meditating, God began to give Joel a message for me.  Here is what Jesus said...

"Trust Me, trust Me, trust Me.  Do not waiver from side to side.  I will bless you.  I am blessing you.  Trust Me, trust Me.  I love you.  I delight in you,  You are no longer a little girl.  Know that I am with you.  Papa God loves you.  Trust Him.  Trust Me.  We've got it covered.  You have passed from death to new life.  Renee, Joel's "Missy", I love you." 
 
The word TRUST hangs on our living room wall.  Bold black letters on wooden blocks speak to me on a daily basis.  TRUST.  We pray, we TRUST, and then we release it to God.  Trusting His plan will be revealed, His purpose will burst forth.  We trust knowing He is trustworthy, even in our pain or confusion.  Because He loves us.  Isn't that what Holy Week is all about?  His great love for us?

Are there areas in your life where you don't understand what is going on?  Are there areas in your life where you could use some answers or resolutions?  I am thinking we could all list one or two, I know I could name a few more myself.  During the storms, remember what His Word promises.  We are secure in the shelter of His wings.  Remember we are strengthened as we rest quietly in His arms and when we rest, we trust.  It all comes down to a matter of trust.  Remember, He's got it covered!
 
"Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. 
They will soar high on wings like eagles. 
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31 

No comments: