Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Surrounded By You

When I began this journey with lobular breast cancer, a friend sent me a song she had heard at church on Sunday morning.  It is written by Michael Smith and titled, "Surrounded".  Today as I was listening to this song on my playlist, I immediately remembered when Joel and I had been to Destiny Church in Rochester MN and three women had spoken over us the prophetic words God had shown them.  One woman said, "I see Holy Spirit surrounding you completely.  Everything you need is right there, just reach out."

The words of the song are simple..........."It may look like I'm surrounded, but I'm surrounded by You."  A song of praise to replace a blanket of heaviness.  It does feel like I am surrounded.  The advanced cancer, the kidneys, surgeries, the treatments in my physically challenged body.  Yeah......surrounded by the enemy.   But God.


As I thought about what we had been told at Destiny Church, I saw Jesus standing beside me, reaching out to me.  I took my hand and placed it in His warm, firm, steady hand.  Like the woman said to us, we need only reach out and what we need will be right there.   The love and prayers of family and friends, the medical help needed, our great God!

We may be surrounded by the enemy, but our inner circle is all about Jesus.  Holy is right there encompassing us, holding us. We all have battles we fight at one time or another.  We may feel overwhelmed, but it is God who surrounds us with His love, His goodness, His healing.  For that we give You thanks, Lord. 

No comments: