Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Warring Angel


"You've got this!"  I have had both friends and family speak these words to me in the past month.  There have been many days when I did not feel like I do.  Nada........One day as I thought about what was and still is ahead, I heard Jesus say, "I'VE got this.  He is fighting for me........for you, too.  Then a book title caught my attention.........."You've Got This Because God's Got You"!  And there it is.  The power behind the words.  The reason I have any handle on this at all is because I believe God has me in the palm of His hands.  He is fighting for me, and Holy lives in me giving me the strength to win this battle.

Yesterday I closed my eyes and Jesus took me into Heaven.  We walked down a familiar hallway, passing all the doors, so I asked Him, "Where are we going"?  He said, "The Throne Room.".  I had never been there so when we went in and I saw God sitting in all His glory on the throne, I went down on my knees, thinking this is where I should be when in God's presence.  But God stood me up and I leaned against Him.  He then gestured with His hand and asked me, "What do you see?"  I looking around and to my left I saw a huge group of people and angels singing praises and thanksgiving to God.  In the middle of my view there was a massive angel in a sword fight with a dark presence that was wearing armor and riding a slate colored horse.  Jesus said to me, "That is the spirit of death."  My heart was pounding as I watched my warring angel fight with this prince of darkness.  Before long the angel beheaded the spirit of death with his mighty sword.  Again, I was reassured that I was not fighting this battle alone.  I then looked to the right and saw a white mist.  In the mist I saw was the word T R U S T moving gracefully to a dance I did not hear or understand.  God's hand then came down out of the sky and handed me a big open Bible.  I thought and spoke aloud to God, "Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."  That is where my visual encounter ended.  As I shared with Joel what I had seen he told me he had just asked God for a word for me during his own quiet time, and God had said, "She can trust Me'.

The Bible is full of scriptures that speak to trusting God, no matter our circumstances.  Isaiah 30:15 is a favorite of mine, along with Proverbs 3.

"This is what our Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel says, 
 In repentance and rest is your salvation, 
in quietness and trust is your strength."
Isaiah 30:15

"Trust in the Lord your God and lean not on
your own understanding.  In all your ways
acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:4,5

There is so much going on right now that I am needing to take things just one step at a time.  I look for God in the midst of it all and find many blessings and ways He is showing up.  I see not only God but the doctors "fighting for me".  They are using their knowledge to do what they can to help me get well.  I am grateful.  Yet I know that my help comes from the Lord.  Through His warring angels, His Word, His power.  And so we praise Him, we worship our God who saves!  So grateful.


2 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Dear Renee, When I've faced health issues I cling to the words Just Trust Him. We have no other choice. Love your sharing your dream/vision and so glad that Joel got a word from our Lord too. Sending you big hugs, lots of love and prayers.
May His Grace continue to carry you.
Noreen

Renee said...

Thanks Noreen.......for your encouragement, hugs, love and prayers.......