Saturday, June 1, 2024

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday to you on this first day of June.  It is a beautiful day here with temps heading into the high 70's.  Rain is coming...again. Everything growing is vibrant with color.  We need to get a few potted and hanging baskets of flowers to brighten up our space.  We decided to wait until after our week at my sister's in South Dakota.  Now we are waiting for my back to cooperate.  I'm walking with a cane but it has already improved thanks to the chiropractor and plenty of praying!  Thank you Jesus.

Our trip to Jan's was wonderful.   We arrived Thursday 45 minutes ahead of a storm that produced 15 minutes of hail. We were safe and sound in her townhouse.  We were able to drive an hour South to her recently deceased husband Lanny's grave to place flowers on Saturday,  stopping at a small town cafe known for its delicious homemade pies!  Sunday we worshipped at Jan's great church...has lunch, napped, headed to her great grand's birthday party and then to my mom's and Jan's second husband graves before coming home to company that night.  There were visitors 4 of the 7 nights we were there ..Joel biked 12 miles on 3 of 7 days.  He and Jan cleaned and sorted her garage.  And we talked a lot....oh, how I miss her already.  I'm so grateful she has family and a lot of friends around her...wish we were among them.

Jan is 11 years older, although I look to be older.   She was there for me during our childhood...I took my first steps to her.  She has always been able to share childhood memories I draw a blank on.  We have laughed together, cried together,  grieved together, dreamed together.   Just not enough of those in person hugs!

Today our Kevin would have been 45.  Nearly 20 years have gone by since he died.  I'm sure he is celebrating with his grandma's in Heaven.

I'm writing from my phone so will keep this short.  So much to be grateful for.   Safe travels,  7 nights in Aberdeen, visiting with family and Jan's friends.  Grateful for everything we shared...meals, stories, laughter,  tears, hugs, just taking up space together.Grateful for Kevin.   So grateful...

Enjoy your weekend!


No comments: