Monday, August 16, 2010

Memorial Box Monday: "The Lost is Found"

Memorial Box Monday was started by Linny over at A Place Called Simplicity. We share stories of God's faithfulness to remind us how good and loving our Heavenly Father is. When times get tough, we can always go look in our memorial boxes to be reminded that God loves and blesses His children.

My Memorial Box Monday this week is about something that just occurred a couple of days ago. I have been gathering pictures to turn into photo albums for our children and started with our oldest daughter's album. I needed to gather together 40 years of photos and it took me more than a year. Recently when sorting through our daughter's pile of pictures, I realized all her baby and toddler pictures were missing. I looked through all the tubs of photo books and loose pictures, but could not find them. After searching my memory and every place I could think of to find them, they did not turn up. My energy is limited and Saturday I sat down with a plunk on the sofa and said to God..."Okay God, I know you have more important things to do, but this is really important to me, so if you could just tell me where they are, I would really appreciate it!" Immediately the thought came into my head...."They are behind the large blue chair in the office." Joel went up to the office, moved the big blue chair and there they were! In two smaller photo boxes I found every single picture I was looking for...and more! I had sorted them a year ago and tucked them away for "safe keeping". I just love it when God takes the time to help out the feeble minded!! Praise God for the pictures ~ the book will be done by the time they arrive this weekend!

I will add a picture of the album to my Memorial Box as a reminder of God's faithfulness in the big things and in the small!


For other Memorial Box Monday stories visit Linny at http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/ or link up your own!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Renee, What a heart-warming post. I know your daughter is going to love her album with ALL the special photos. Hope you have a good evening.

Unknown said...

I love how he cares about even the littlest things!

natali said...

i love just how He cares :))

Anonymous said...

I love how you were given the answer right away. Doesn't always happen that way, but boy is it special when it does.

Shannon said...

I love this!!!! I love that He answers my kids prayers for lost things very single time too. He cares about every little thing! So glad that you found them!

Renee said...

Hi Mildred
Thanks for your encouragement...

Renee said...

It is great, isn't it Heather...nothing is too small or too big...

Renee said...

Amen Natali

Renee said...

It was great Barbara to get an answer so quickly....yahoo!

Renee said...

Thanks Shannon.....He is a loving God...and in the details of every life!!!

Jan Lyn said...

How great God is, to give us these little surprises each day. I loved reading this. The photos will be a treasure.