Saturday, May 14, 2011

Be Close My Child

This past Wednesday I went in to the local surgical center for an endoscopy.  Everything went like clockwork...and at this point things look normal.  The precautionary biopsies will come back in a couple of weeks.  My reactions were minimal and recovery has gone well for someone with several chronic illnesses.  Thank you so much for your prayers!

My husband and I felt I was in capable hands ~ well skilled technicians doing their job.  They do these type of procedures all day long and see so many different people moving in and out..they do not get attached to any of the patients.  I saw the Dr. for 3 minutes before the procedure, and he talked to my husband for a whole 15 seconds afterwards to let him know things were normal.  This man never once looked into my eyes or Joel's.  Just did his job and did it well which is what you want....but.....yet....the detachment we both felt was unsettling to say the least.  He had my life in his hands, and he never saw me as the person I am.

I found myself comparing this experience to my relationship with God.  Wouldn't it be awful if our connection to God was distant....detached?  He is, after all the God of the Universe.  Powerful, all knowing, above us in all things.  He holds our lives in His capable hands, but He desires more from us than just a distant connection.  He desires a true personal relationship. One on one.  He knows the very number of hairs we have on our head.  He formed us in our mother's womb.  We are important to Him.  He loves us....He delights in us!  He wants us to "Be close, my child."

Lord, let me never take your relationship with me for granted.  Thank you God for loving me, caring for me, wanting me close.  Thank you God for delighting in me.  The reassurance I feel realizing this cannot be measured.  May we all hunger for this type of relationship, and never distance ourselves from such a loving Father.  In Jesus name.....Amen

Please stop over and visit Charlotte and Ginger to read other inspirational posts or link up your own.    http://www.bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/    

9 comments:

Rachel Renee said...

Thank you for sharing this! Such a good analogy, and wonderful reminders! We have a God who cares for us and loves us as much as He loves Jesus.

It's great to hear you're recovering well! :) Have a great day!

Anita Johnson said...

This was an excellent analogy...so glad you are recovering. My mom just went through a knee replacement at 84. I was so touched by the doctors and nurses who not only looked her in the eye, but held her hand or patted her foot. Such kindness is appreciated.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

It's wonderful to know we are important to him and not just a number like we are in so many life situations here on earth.
Glad things went well for you.
Blessings,
Annette

Nikki (Sarah) said...

your analogy is so good and me too...I'm glad you're recovering. Stay strong and well

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Renee Sweetie...
I am so happy to hear that everything went well. What a shame that the Dr. was so busy with his job, he forgot to look you in the eye and at least give you a smile, and acknowledge you as a person. I think that was at the very least something that should have been done.

Love the analogy sweet friend. I so enjoy reading your writes. You have the touch sweetie, you sure do.

Have a glorious Sunday. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Cathy said...

Amen! I'm glad you are doing well. Praying for good reports ~ Blessings ~

Lisa notes... said...

What a beautiful point to make, Renee. I'm also VERY glad that our Great Physician is MUCH more personable than most doctors I've been to. He knows everything about out us and loves us in just the right ways.

Praying your results turn out wonderful!

Pamela said...

So often I just need to feel reconnected and ask God to revive me. As the song says, "Revive me O Lord, fill my heart with thy love. My my soul be rekindled with light from above..."

So happy you are doing well.

Pamela

Charlotte said...

It is sad that so many have this impersonal view of God. I've had doctors who were very caring and those who were not. The doctor that did my knee surgery was much like your experience. I got the feeling that he didn't really care all that much if it was successful or not. He was just doing his job. The plastic surgeon that took a cancer from under my eye was the opposite. He even asked me if he could pray with me before the surgery. Wow. I really liked that.
Hoping and praying you get a good report.
Charlotte