Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Gift of Mothering

This Sunday is Mother's Day and I cannot help but reflect on years past.  I was so excited to be a mom and each child we brought home, there were seven, bring to mind now so many precious memories and dates marked in my brain forever.  I give thanks that God blessed me with this calling.  I love being a mother, even though at times I have been less than great at it.

Our daughters and daughter-in-love are all blessed to have children so they understand the precious gift that mothering brings into their lives.  We are so proud of them!  And there are the grandchildren we enjoy so much!!!  All the fun with none of the parenting :).

In my life I have had many mothers.  My mom gave birth to me when she was 37 and she has been gone now many years.  My older sister shared her home and family and raised me for several years. My other sister also helped to parent me.  And then there are the other women in my life over the years, who mentored me, nourished and "mothered" me while teaching me so much.  I have been so blessed!!!

For those women who have touched my life~~grandmothers, mothers, sisters, friends, daughters, daughter-in-love, and more ~ Thank you.  I pray that you have been as richly blessed as I was and am.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: