Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Who's Living In Your Head?

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, 
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, 
whatever is admirable—
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—
think about such things."
Philippians 4:8

This past week I heard this question while listening to an interview online.  It nearly took my breathe away as I had an "aha" moment.  I found myself nodding while at the same time thinking, "Oh my goodness!"  YES!


Is 
there 
bully 
living
 in
 your
 head?

Do any of you find yourselves being hard on  yourself?  Do you speak to yourself in ways you would never speak to your loved ones?  Do you have a bully living in your head?  And if so, does this bully have a name?.

Here is one of the times where God's commandment on love comes to mind..  Loving God, loving others, AND loving ourselves.  Being obedient to God would mean letting go or removing that bully from our heads, and thinking and talking about things that build us up, encourage ourselves and others and renew our minds.  Tell that bully in your head to take a hike!

5 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

I had a bully talking to me last night. He was mean and dredging up stuff that wasn't even true...but lies can sound so convincing at times...anyway, thank you my precious friend for speaking truth. I love you!! xo

Elaine said...

Oh Renee, this rang so true to me. I would never speak to others like I speak to myself.... such a hard habit to break... this was one of those "worthless" days:( Thanks for the words to help lift me up!

Blessings to you!

Renee said...

Hi Linny...thanks for coming by. Hope you ran that bully right out of your head, girl! Love you too.

Renee said...

Hi Elaine, Glad you found encouragement here friend. It is good for us to remember to give ourselves as much love as we give others.

Gayle said...

Interesting thought... We really MUST be kind to ourselves. Sometimes I fail to say to myself, good job! I always push myself instead of stand back and say good. When I do, I almost feel guilty. When I completed my first quilt I stood back and said, WOW! I can't believe I did that, way to go! Then I remember feeling a little like oh, should I feel that way? Yes, I think we should. I in no way am going to get the big head, I have the opposite struggle.