Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday's Scribble

Good Saturday morning on this Memorial Day weekend.  We have had another week of roller coaster temperatures and high winds off and on.  We spent yesterday purchasing garden flowers and then Joel planted them.  Mostly red, white, bluish purple and a bit of yellow for more color.  We are using quite a few geraniums and cascading petunias, along with a few others I can't recall the names of.  I have a pictures to share...more to come.

Lilacs from backyard
 
Potted geranium and foliage

Hanging planter

We have been walking the river road and enjoying the wild flowers along the way.  Everything is so many shades of green and with a flower here and there it is all so beautiful!  Thank you God!

Flowers growing along river road
 
Speaking of flowers.....for Mother's Day Joel brought home a bouquet of Spring flowers and he made me a bouquet made from my favorite dried Papaya, mangos and apricots!  It was so cute I had to share it here.  All held together by toothpicks and completely his own creation.  Gotta love this cowboy preacher of mine!  And I do!
Fruit flowers

one flower created by Joel

This past Sunday night old friends from Bible college came to stay overnight on their way to Cape Cod.  Arlene was my personal attendant in our wedding and a dorm mate.  She and Vic met at LBI(Lutheran Bible Institute) in 1966, the same year Joel and I met.  We all graduated in 1968.  They have spent the past 40 plus years in the Fargo/Moorhead Minnesota area.   So many couples came out of that two year Bible college that is was called the "Lutheran Bridal Institute"!  It was great fun to catch up!!

Arlene and Vic

This past week was spent learning more about hearing God's voice through the Word, teachings, and books.  Plus we did more sorting and purging, but not as much as I would have liked because I have still been fighting the infection that is not letting go, even after a second round of antibiotics.  The Doc had told me it was a really bad one.  My least favorite thing is to go to the doctor, but that is what I've been doing as the UTI battle persists.   My next least favorite is taking medications and the antibiotics have taken a toll on me.  I am using D-mannose and essential oils too.   It will end.  Healing will come.  It is also interesting to note that this has stirred up o;d fear and anxiety for me.  Both the persistent infection and the confusion surrounding hearing God's voice over our own or the enemy's.  Thus the need to meditate and study on hearing His voice.   When confusion or fear comes to visit, just lean in closer to our Lord. 

This Memorial Day weekend we think back on those we love who have gone before us to be with Jesus.  Parents, our son Kevin, friends, family members.  We remember all the soldiers who have died.  We remember all those who serve....

We watched the movie, "50 to 1" last night.  Don't bother to rent it or spend the money.  It was based on a true story about a horse winning the Kentucky Derby at 50 to 1 odds.    The language, partying, and lifestyles of the cowboys in the movie was a turn off for sure.  Being it was rated PG-13 we figured it would be ok.  We were wrong.  We fast forwarded through the yuk and watched til the end.

I am almost finished with Bill Johnson's excellent book, The Supernatural Power of the Transformed Mind.  Moving on to finish a book by David Joseph, the Praying Medic, who is from Phoenix.  His books on healing are so good.  What have you been reading lately?

Until next time..............

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Ugh - I hate being sick. And I don't like taking antibiotics either! I'm 2 1/2 weeks into a respiratory thing, already taken a week of antibiotics, and I'm still coughing and blowing my nose! So, I'm going to pray for a quick recovery for both of us!

I'm still on my *historical detective* reading kick, and enjoying following the tales of some of my favorite characters!

GOD BLESS!