Saturday, November 14, 2015

Saturday's Scribbles: Paris

I woke up today with the people of France on my heart.  Tears fall, anger swells and fear whispers in my ear.  My emotions are strong as I sit safe and comfy in my home here in the heartland of the USA. I have never been to France, and even though I have French ancestry I don't know any possible relatives there. But one Facebook post I read said, "Today we are all French".  We hurt for the French.  These terrorist attacks affect all of us whether they are on our soil or not.

I am so weary of the evil.  How do we understand the person who, in the name of their God, can behead a two year old child or mow down people who have no way of escape.  It is sick.  It is wrong.  It is scary.  It echos of Hitler or the Klan.  Yes. No mercy.  It is difficult to pray for them to know Jesus as their Savior,  when the other part of me wants them all gone so our world will be safer.  Oh, Papa God, we all need You.

This day, this week, this year we stand together with those who are grieving, those who are fearful, those who are angry and confused.   We lift France up in prayer as the people  try to make sense of such senseless acts.  They need you Papa God.  We all do.

4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

And all the people said, "Amen."

Gayle said...

Amen! I'm concerned that this is a harbinger of what is to come. I pray for the hand of God's protection be over us all and that light will overcome this evil.

Renee said...

It is a time where we trust in the Lord with all our hearts, isn't it. And prayer is a powerful weapon!

Breathing In Grace said...

Broken hearted, not just for France, but for the entire world. There are so many in need of a Savior. I'll continue the AMEN to your words.