Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pristine and Perfect!


I went to the doctor yesterday morning and after a pressure and vision check and a good look into my eyes the doctor gave us good news..."The implants look pristine.  With your history of Lyme Disease and other things, doing anything to your eyes is like walking a tightrope, because we have no idea how the body will respond.......so I am very happy to say your surgery went great, there is no sight of inflammation or proteins coming against the implants.  All looks perfect!"  Perfect and pristine.  We practically danced out of the office.  Yes!  Another hurdle passed.

The affect of his words on Joel and me got me thinking.  It is amazing how a few words spoken to or over us have the power to change our lives.  At Bible study today we discussed the power of words and how important it is to declare God's truth over us, no matter our circumstances.

I confess there have been times when life feels overwhelming, during which I head for what I call a "melt down", speaking negative and hopeless words.  Often Joel is within hearing distance.  One time when I was doing Satan's work for him by speaking negatively over my situation, Joel got up and walked out of the room and out of the house.  It certainly startled me, which was his intention.  When he came back he said, "You may choose to speak destructively but I refuse to listen or be a part of it."

Powerful.

Psalm 18:21 tells us we speak life or death with our words.  And we have a choice!  We also have a choice of whether we will listen to someone else speak death, like Joel when he made the choice to walk away from my words of self pity and destruction.  Yes, there is life or death in our words.

Certainly there are times when we do not hear what we want to hear,  but hopefully we seek God's truth for us during those situations......because it is there to be found in His Word.  We don't deny the diagnosis, painful situation, or loss. but we turn to God and His promises to see us through the valley or the storm.

I don't expect to hear the words pristine or perfect often, but maybe I should?!?  What I can expect to hear is "life" as it comes with intention from my mouth, the mouths of others, and the Word.   Life.  Joy.  Hope. Power. Truth.  It is a good way to live, because there is power in our words.  And in His.

3 comments:

Fliterary said...

Amen, sweet Renee! Sending pristine and perfect blessings to you!

Renee said...

Thanks Lisa......hugs and blesings on you too.

Anita Johnson said...

Wow...thank you, Renee. And of course I'm thrilled with your surgery!