Monday, March 24, 2014

God's Mysteries Require No Explanation.

For the past two months I have been having encounters with Holy Spirit which is resulting in more inner and physical healing and most importantly a closer relationship with God.  It is humbling and empowering as Holy Spirit makes His presence known to me in a physical way every day.  Counting it all joy.  I have tried to describe it to a few people, but it has been difficult to explain.

A few days ago while listening to a podcast at a church in CA, the pastor spoke of an amazing encounter he and three friends experienced with angelic presence during a worship and prayer time at church. He went on to say, "What I saw I do not need to explain....I can't really explain it.  It is the mystery of God.  When we talk about these encounters or experiences with God it is important not to try to explain what we do not understand."  Relief settled over me.  The pastor then reminded listeners of the healing of the blind man in the Bible.  The Pharisees heard about the man's healing and  were determined to get an explanation of what had happened.  They spoke to the man who had been blind more than once and even questioned his parents but they refused to talk about it, fearing for their lives.  When the Pharisees questioned the man who had been blind one more time and asked him what had happened he replied, "I don't know.  I only know that I was blind and now I see."   I was blind.  Now. I. see. 

It can be as simple and yet as profound as that. We are one way, encounter God, Jesus, or Holy Spirit, and then we are another way.  Similar to when we become Christians.  We are one way, but when we receive salvation and Holy Spirit comes, everything changes within.  There are mysteries of God we cannot explain, but encountering them does change us.  We cannot really explain the Mystery, so instead of explaining or analyzing, we lift our voices in praise to God, trusting Him in the experience.  Counting it all joy!

You know, sometimes we are frightened or disbelieving when we observe how others experience God's presence if it does line up with our own experiences. It may take us out of our comfort zone or challenge our beliefs. We have observed this at times when sharing Joel's story of overnight healing.  Most people are happy for Joel, but some are weary of us talking about it, even thinking we are bragging...while others try to make it fit into their own experiences.  Recently after Joel shared his miraculous healing with a pastor's wife, she then said, "So what do you attribute to you getting well?  Joel was astounded, but just said one word as explanation.  "Jesus".  Only Jesus.  Counting it all joy.

We are amazed and undone when we open up to the mysteries of God.....and there is such goodness to be found in them.  He has so much to show us, so much to share with us!  Today I have learned through the grace of God that I do not need to explain these personal encounters, just embrace
them.  Live in the mystery, and count it all joy.  When it involves God, the Mystery requires no explanation.


Linking up with Ann today over at A Holy Experience,  counting the gifts and counting it all joy.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

My Word of the Year is "Count". Learning to count it all joy has been one of the hardest and best things I have ever done.

Renee said...

Thank you for coming by Debbie....count would be a great word.

Sharon said...

"Live in the mystery, and count it all joy."

This was a great statement. Yes, there is something mysterious about the ways of the Lord, and I'm glad that I don't completely understand Him. But I do trust Him, and that is what makes any moment a potential life-changer as I learn to follow Him closer and closer.

GOD BLESS!