Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Washed By The Water


There is a chorus that keeps running through my head from NeedToBreathe, a music group......

"Even when the rain falls...
Even when the flood starts rising...
Even when the storms come....
I am washed by the water."

Our world seems to be rocking off its axis right now. Chaos reigns.  Iraq, Sudan, Ebola, Hurricanes, floods, drought, suicide.  The headlines are screaming at us day and night and we can almost taste the fear as brokenness and calamity cross over our personal boundaries from all directions.  We can become weary of the assault.  We need a center.  We need Christ.  It takes effort, but we need to stand in the eye of the storm where His stillness steadies us as He pours out His Word like rain.

"Let me pour down my Word on you like rain"
Deut. 32:2

We need Living Water.  To be washed in Living Water.  Cleansed by His blood.  Shielded by His love.  Empowered by His Word.  Saved by His sacrifice.  Jesus.  Jesus.  Jesus.

There are times when I wake in the early hours and my mind wants to ignore the body's cry for rest.  Taming the mind can be a full time job!  It comforts me to speak scripture in the hours before dawn.  His Word poured over me like rain.  But often what lures me back to sleep is to just whisper aloud over and over....His name.  Jesus.  Jesus.  Jesus.  Setting the world aside for His name.

We are washed by Living Water.  Made clean.  Refreshed!  Made whole.  Restored!  We need not fear the world's brokenness.  We need not fear death.  We need not fear the storms.  We are washed by the Water.

No comments: