Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saturday's Scribbles

It is Saturday afternoon, the sun is shining, the temperature is around 79 and the humidity and dew point are in the lower numbers.  All is right here in our corner of the world.  I took a couple of pictures of what is blooming right now in our little garden.  We enjoy all the colors and fragrance.



A variety of our flowers in bloom

We have been walking daily around 1 to 1.5 miles which has been nice.  Joel is biking when he can.  We are trying to go out earlier than normal as the sun is pretty intense now.  Nothing like Arizona, though.

I watched another live-stream conference out at Bethel Church called "Kingdom Culture".  It was really good, and I always learn so much! Speaking of watching, did any of you see the service for Rev. Pinkney in Charleston?  It was beautiful.  Always love how the African Methodist/Ep. church people express themselves.  Us Lutherans could use a little more of that!

We went out for supper with my sister Kay and BIL Dan this week at the grocery store deli.  They have great food for a good price.  We stopped over and visited with them after our supper.  They live in one of those solid 1950's houses that has stood the test of time.  They have done such beautiful updates, improvements, and remodeling over the years it makes me want to go home and start in on ours! 

Joel celebrated his 69th birthday on Wednesday.  I made him a rhubarb pie for Father's day and another for his birthday.  His favorite.  He had meetings that night but we had his favorite southwestern salad the night before and again for lunch.....lettuce, cucs, tomatoes, black olives, cheese, rice, and black beans with sour cream or yogurt and he has salsa on his too.  It is really good!

I'm still plugging away on Praying Medic's book on Divine Healing and Joel and I are reading together a book on being prophetic.  Very interesting.  We watched some TV.....some teachings.....and did a little porch sitting.  We have not made it to the lake yet this year.  Maybe this week.

Joel has two weeks of Interim work left at Faith Lutheran, and we will be having a little party here at home for him.  Most of the kids, in-loves, and grands will be here and a few of my family.  Low key....small.....to celebrate his 35 years of ministry.  The church is also having a farewell.  So nice of them to put the two together.  Like I said before, they are the small church with a big heart.

Hope your summer is going well
Until next time..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, I am so glad they are doing something for his anniversary. I loved your flower photos, mine are just withering in the heat here. It is in the low 90's, in the pacific northwest, that is just terrible!! No one has air-conditioning here, so people aren't sleeping and are just miserable. WE, on the other hand, have central air-conditioning in our new home!
I am planning and getting ready for the 4th of July. I'm having the ladies from church over on Wednesday night, and perhaps we will have a few friends over on the 4th. I am just thinking of taking a few photos of my 4th decorating and posting it on the blog...
That's what I'm up to!