Monday, June 1, 2015

We Are Called

Several years ago, before I began my healing journey I belonged to an online email group of women who were all chronically ill.  Dealing with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities), CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Lyme and more.  Most of us were looking for answers to improve our health.  It was a good group, but when I began to experience healing in my body, I made the difficult decision to leave the group because I wanted to focus on healing and not on symptoms and sickness.  For me that meant stepping away from their support and into the world of "God wants you well!" 

Today I heard from a Louisiana friend in the group that another member had died in her sleep.  She had been a scientist at one time but ended up very ill from chemical exposures.  She lived mostly in isolation in Australia with the man she loved.  She was a Buddhist.  We used to email quite often, and also wrote a few letters back and forth.  Even though she knew I was a Christian I never spoke to her about my faith, she never spoke about hers.    I "respected" her decision to be a Buddhist and did talk to her about my faith.  Until 2 months ago.

This group member who died emailed me two months ago to see how I was doing.  I decided it was time to share with her our healing journeys and what Jesus has done for us.  What he wants to do for everyone.  I just want others to have what He has to offer.  I was not pushy, but I shared openly about what we have learned about healing, about Jesus dying for sins and diseases, how he had miraculously healed Joel overnight.  I shared about how much we love our Lord and Savior and that He has guided us our whole lives. 

I never heard back from her.

And today I heard she has died.  Oh, how it saddens me.  I can only hope my words or someone else's had an impact on her life.  I can only pray the Lord has mercy on her soul. 

I confess in the past I have let my cowboy preacher do the preaching, but we are all called to preach the gospel (in word and deed).  We are all called to heal the sick, cast out demons, raise the dead.  Jesus gave us these instructions and we all need to take them seriously.  It can be a matter of life or death.  It is a matter of life or death for each one of us, isn't it.

As I remember my friend, I am giving praise today that I know Jesus as my Savior.  I am so grateful for all I have learned and experienced with healing. I am so grateful for the Father's love.  So, so grateful.

No comments: