Friday, September 9, 2016

Angels In Red

I went for my physical and mammogram yesterday.  I am always hoping I won't here any bad news, but usually something crops up, and it did.  Minor things really, but frustrating and requiring something further.  Moving on from the doctor I headed over to the imaging center for a mammogram.  Yesterday Joel told me he had been praying about my mammogram and God had shown him a picture in his mind of the word "clear" over my right breast.  I paused and said, "I have two breasts you know..."  Two to pray for.  So when the tech told me I needed more pictures on my left breast a fear gripped my heart.  Was God telling us something?  I focused on one of God's promises to me from 4 years ago......

"I will give you back your health and heal your wounds"  
                  Jeremiah 30:17

Then the tech came back and said the Dr. wanted an ultrasound.....to make sure that what he sees is all there is...... and again as I waited and waited for a last minute ultrasound,  I prayed and spoke the verse God had been sending me all week...

"The Lord will fight for you...........just stay calm".
Exodus 14:14

Just stay calm.  He knows me well.  God knows I don't stay very calm with health issues.  I fought Lyme 27 years, cancer twice, and glaucoma for several years.  The Lyme was healed by prayer, the cancers by God using doctors and radiation.  The glaucoma is still awaiting it's healing and is managed with drops.  You would think I would be used to things not going smoothly, but I am not.  I still can become a slave to fear as I go through tests, procedures, etc.  I still have a love-hate relationship with doctors, hospitals, etc.

As I waited I talked to God about my fears, declaring I was over this medical crap!  Enough already....I asked for His help on this one.  I thanked Him for fighting for me.  He quietly and patiently listened, I'm sure.  I texted with Joel what was happening as he sat in the waiting room, and he sent me encouraging texts back.  Time went by.

The ultrasound went well, with a new tech chatting with me as she worked.  She shared she was going to a Bible study that night....I had said nothing about my faith.  I asked her what church she went to, and she said she was raised Lutheran but now was just a Jesus lover.  She had gone to a Holy Spirit conference at our son's church in the Twin Cities....we talked about that a bit and I shared that Joel was a pastor.  She went to take her results to the radiologist....once you have had breast cancer there is no waiting for following day results.  They are given to you before you leave the building.

She came back and said it still looks round, smooth, and has no markers for cancer.  Thank. you. Jesus.  She told me I would need to come back in 6 months for a recheck and asked if there was anything else she could do for me....I said, "Well, can you make it go away"  She said, "I can pray for you..."  I told her I would like that, and she did pray for me and for healing, and as she did tears fell on both our hands clasped together.  After she finished I told her that God had provided me with a gift today....her.  I briefly shared Joel's healing story.  She said to me, "It had been a long rough day" she said,  and she felt God blessed her with having me for her last patient."   We closed the place down, there was no one else left in the clinic as we hugged and Joel and I said good-bye.

Isn't God amazing?  He provides for us in the most amazing ways.  Certainly I desire to walk in divine health.  Certainly I want to hear only good news when I go to the doctor.  It is on my "bucket list"!!  But we are never alone on our journeys through life and God sends His angels to help us along the way.  Some of them wearing red hospital uniforms!


12 comments:

At Home on the Rock... said...

What a wonderful blog post, Renee. Love it. You were both a blessing to each other. Glad the check up went well too, too bad you had to wait a bit for it though. (Oh...and love the song! I listen to it a lot and claim it as *my* anthem! :) )

Norma Skogen said...

Thank you for sharing your day - especially those Bible verses - I need to jot those down - I too have a love/hate relationship with the medical field - and get overwhelmed with fear at times. You expressed yourself so clear.

Victoria said...

What a touching story of what you experienced. Not only was the Lord there with you through it all; he gave you an angel to be there with you through the tests. Thank you, Jesus, for the "all clear" for Renee.

We are here to live another day,
Victoria

Anonymous said...

Amen! So happy for you.

Breathing In Grace said...

This is an absolutely awesome testimony to the power of prayer and our loving and kind God hearing the desires of our heart. I love how He sent the tech into your life and you into hers. God is so very good....all the time, even if the diagnosis had been different. So very glad for clear markers....praise HIS name!!!

Anita Johnson said...

I I loved reading this too.....🙏🏽

Renee said...

Thanks Victoria!

Renee said...

Hi Linda
I love this song too......I need it as a reminder too often....thanks for coming by and your words of encouragement.

Renee said...

Hi Norma
Good to hear from you. I think many have this love-hate relationship with the medical world. It certainly takes our eyes off of God at times.......Thanks for your comment here.

Renee said...

God is soooo good, you are right Debbie....in the bad reports and the good.....blessings to you. Love visiting your cyber home.

Renee said...

Hi Anita....Hugs and love to you friend.....

Renee said...

Thanks Gayle.....