Sunday, January 31, 2016

Mountain Speaking


I had been struggling with a nasty upper respiratory virus for over 4 weeks.  It began the last week of radiation therapy when my immune system was weakened from the daily treatments and the burns that covered so much of the area.  My body was fighting hard to restore itself, but just a couple days after Christmas I hit a wall.  I was sleeping 9-10 hours a night, and would fall asleep sitting up in my chair 2-3 times a day.  I had little energy to do anything.  I was coughing a lot, dizzy when I laid down and again when I sat up.  I had sinus issues and felt short of breath.  It was relentless and did not seem to improve from day to day.

One day I told Joel I believed we needed to do more than just pray over this, we needed to ask Holy Spirit to reveal to us what was needed.  While Joel was praying over me, he felt Holy Spirit revealed to him that I had an actual spirit of sickness oppressing me. Not possessing me, but troubling me.  (All sickness comes from the enemy).  So, just like Jesus and the disciples did in the Bible, Joel spoke to the spirit of sickness and commanded it to leave in Jesus' powerful name.  I began coughing and coughed so hard I nearly threw up.  And then I felt it.  I felt a weight come off of me and the weakness left.  I felt better right away.

In the next few days my energy improved greatly, the cough left, and I stopped sleeping all the time. I was able to help cook, clean, and get out of the house.  I started walking again, first for 10 minutes, and then more until I am now back to walking a mile.  The virus left.  My immune system is now healed from the radiation and I am back on track.

Jesus told us to speak to our mountains.  He was clear on that.  

"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 
Be removed and be cast into the sea, 
and does not doubt in his heart, 
but believes that those things he says will be done, 
he will have whatever he says."
Mark 11:23

I don't know what you readers believe about this, but I do know that by being obedient to Holy Spirit and rebuking sickness from my body, I saw healing come!  When we read the gospels we see many instances where Jesus commanded, rebuked, and spoke over people.  He did what the Father told Him to do. And He healed ALL who were sick and tormented.  And He told us we would do what He had done and more......... How can we?  Because of Who lives in us.  We have been empowered by the Holy Spirit.  That same power that raised Jesus from the dead lives inside of us. Inside of you. Inside of me.

Sometimes the healing is immediate and sometimes we see healing come over time.  I have seen both. The Lyme died immediately when I was prayed over, for the chemical sensitivites it was a process.  I prayed for a cyst on my leg to be gone off and on for over 2 years and the other day I noticed it is gone.  Gone.  My healing came for breast cancer through surgery ~when they went in and took out that tissue surrounding the small tumor they found nothing more. The radiation was a "just in case" measure.  The message here is, God wants you well.  He does not put sickness on us. Jesus died for our sins and for sickness. (Isaiah 53) The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but Jesus came to give us abundant life.

Is everyone healed?  Even those who believe "by His stripes we are healed" see sickness and death. Death comes to us all, as we know from the Bible.  But it does not change the truth of His Word.  He tells us to speak to our mountains.....command and rebuke as He did........and those mountains will be cast into the sea........

No comments: