Friday, December 6, 2013

Releasing Hope

 
HOPE
 
"I have pitched my tent in the land of hope"
Acts 2:25-28


HOPE

Last Sunday was the beginning of Advent, a time of waiting and preparation.  So this week those who practice Advent have focused on~

HOPE

A sweet friend sent me an encouraging email last night and she mentioned reading Ann Voskamp's
latest post on HOPE. Going to Ann's cyber home is nourishment for my soul most days, so I knocked on her cyber door and was welcomed.    I was only a few words in.........and the tears started to flow.

 HOPE.

What would our lives be like without HOPE?  God certainly knew what He was doing when He declared HOPE..........when He released HOPE.......when He sent us HOPE in the form of a baby boy.  His Son.

Advent can bring forth the child like joy in us.  Advent can bring forth the brokenness in us.  Advent can bring forth the Christ is us.

HOPE

Yesterday we spoke with yet another person who is in a battle for her life.  Lyme Disease has her beaten down, confused, and scared.  Echoes of our past.  We carefully spoke words of encouragement to her.  Lord, speak through us.  Give her hope........As we hung up the phone she said, "Thank you so much.  It is so nice to talk to someone who understands."  Thank you Jesus.

HOPE

As I struggled this past week with old wounds and lies from the one who comes to steal, kill, and destroy, I sent my heart requests to my sweet prayer warrior friends.  In brokenness and self-focus I reached out, and in kindness and love they reached back to give me a better focus ~ Christ ~ and they dosed me with hope.  They released HOPE in me across the miles.  Thank you Jesus.

HOPE
 
"Our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness"

This is where we find our HOPE.  In Jesus.  His sacrifice.  His righteousness making it possible for our righteousness.  It is fitting that we begin Advent with HOPE.  As we focus on the birth of a Savior, our Savior, we are filled with HOPE.  HOPE for the brokenhearated.........HOPE for the suffering.........HOPE for the grieving.........HOPE for the hungry of body an soul.......HOPE for the saved..........HOPE for the HOPE-full...........HOPE for you and me.  Thank you Jesus.

HOPE

No comments: